[Kraftwerk.HU] TdF 2003 - friss, ropogós infó 2.

youwine kraftwerkobarcodesender.com
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 16:33:57 +0200 (CEST)

Még egy kis infó !

Dátum: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 14:40:46 +0100
Feladó: Mark J Stagg <staggmanotesco.net>
Tárgy: [Kraftwerk] TdT 2003 on Radio 1

Hey... just heard Tour De France 2003 on Mark & Lard's Show (BBC
Radio
1, UK). Missed the beginning, but here's my impression:

Totally different from the original, with 4-on-the-floor kick drum and
phasey hihat, lots of filtered squidgey argeggio/sequence stuff, an
occasional analog/string pad melody, and a very deep vocoder or
computer-generated vocal intoning place names etc, but not the same
as
the original version - seemed to be more in fact. No sign of the
original melody-line.

Loved the sound of it... Mark & Lard talked about it having "that
effortless Kraftwerk grace", but dunno if there was much a hook
(similar to "Expo" I guess). Need to hear it more....

They mentioned the release date and called it "Tour De France Stages
1,
2 & 3" so I can only speculate that it was "Stage 1" they played.
They're definitely big KW fans - they had "Expo" as their single of the
week back then, so I imagine they'll be playing it more.

This all means that there must be some promo CDRs at least out
there...
:-)

Staggboy