[Kraftwerk.HU] Karel Gott live news

A Tonal Diktatur kraftwerkobarcodesender.com
Sun, 27 Jul 2003 21:02:10 +0200 (CEST)

   Isten Károly híveinek:

The new Karl Bartos track "I Am The Message" has been remixed by
Orbital. The track will act as a teaser for the release of the new Kar
Bartos album entitled "Communication".

KARL BARTOS - LIVE IN LONDON
July 22nd, saw ex-Kraftwerk robot Karl Bartos make a rare appearance
at
London's Institute of Contemporary Arts (ICA). Indeed it was stonking
performance, as Karl bounced around the stage in his white sneakers.
To his
left, accompanying him on keyboards and vocoders was Dave Anderson,
and to
his right, Video Jockey Karsten Binar. Immediately they lay waste to all
previous laptop muso's pitiful efforts, (especially Sketch Show's recent
ICA
gig) with a full on blasting live sound. It was probably the best twanging
bass ever heard in such a venue, pushing the limits of the speakers, and
demonstrating once again the Germans know their audio. The first half
of
Karl's set showcased his great new material, with tracks like "I'm the
Message", and his earlier "15 minutes of fame". This was followed by a
complete pander to the audience (who loved every moment of it) with
his own
remixes of "Computer World", "The Model", & "Trans Europe Express".
Encoring
with "The Telephone Call" and ending, ironically on "Tour De France".
The
crowd went mad, and there were numerous sweaty Kling Klang t-shirts
in the
house. This reporter bumped into younger Hartnoll brother of Orbital on
the
way out, who obviously enjoyed the experience as much as we all did.
This was Kraftwerk with a BOING and an OOMPH.
PHOTOS:  http://wisdomcore.com/live/bartos_ica.html
(Thanks to Mirai for this report)

KARL BARTOS - LIVE IN LONDON
Karl Bartos presented his new album in a public showcase at the
Institute of Contemporary Arts (ICA) in London last night (July 22nd
2003) and my opinion is that it went down a storm.

The Stage resembled Kraftwerk's with the traditional video screens
behind each band member and Karl taking centre stage. Facing the
stage,
the member to the right seemed to control the visuals by feeding in
countless video tapes amongst his other duties. The member to the left
seemed to be doing rhythms whilst Karl did most of the main leads
though
you can't see for sure what they are up to!

There was a smattering of Kraftwerk & Electric Music T-shirt wearers in
the crowd (myself included - what an anorak...) along with the odd
celebrity - I'm sure Tv's Frank Skinner was standing behind us. The
venue was packed by the start of the gig and it was roasting inside
(something even Karl commented on)

The openers were from his new CD Communication and were superb,
powerful, melodic Electric music / Kraftwerk style tracks with lots of
vocoder vocals. No fan would be disappointed - if they liked 'Crosstalk'
this is similar but more up-tempo and almost 'clubby' at times.

I felt it was exactly what the fans have been waiting for (well me
anyway), it was 'Kraftwerky' enough to capture the original magic of the
classic material but different enough to be fresh and interesting and
not a simple sell out trance record at all.

The amazing original melodies kept coming with each new track and still
he managed to give us a new clinical 'Techno Pop' style classic. The
amazing metallic sounds seem only to be possible with 'Kraftwerk only
instruments' that no one else seems to be able to mimic effectively.
Karl has obviously put his heart and soul into this.

Not having heard the new album before it was difficult to confirm the
exact track listing though I'm sure someone will. It was also being
filmed so hopefully that may become available.The tracks 'I think' were
played were as follows:
I'm The Message
The Camera
15 Minutes of Fame
Electronic Apeman
A new Track Inspired by new order!
Life

Encores:
Numbers / Computer World (Not remixed)
Telephone Call (FANTASTIC remix - extra melodies etc BRILLIANT)
Trans Europe Express (Not remixed)
The Model (Not remixed but crisper harder bassline)

Karl shook hands with about 3 people whilst escaping from rapturous
applause,  and despite the crowd going mad they wouldn't come back
for
2nd encores - as they had run out of time but he said they would be
back
on tour again soon!

Review by Mat Mckenzie